The day has arrived! Moving day is exciting because you’re starting a new adventure with your family. You’ve been dreaming about your new home and it’s fun to think about all the new memories that you’ll create. On the other hand, moving day can also be stressful. There’s a lot to do and you want everything to go as well as you planned. If you did all the things that are in the checklist before this day arrives, we can ensure you that you’ll have a great moving experience.
To eliminate the confusion and stress of the moving day, you can sit down before everything starts and write a plan for the day and all the things that you need to take care of. Here are the things that we consider important for your moving day:
- Prepare a bag for you and your family with personal items that you will need for the trip and when you arrive at your new home. These items include toilet paper, bottled water, snacks, and other things that you consider important for the next few hours.
- Check the inventory list and keep one copywith you.
- Make sure that you have the contact information of your moving company in your folder.
- Check all the rooms and every space in your home to ensure you don’t leave anything behind.
- Go to the local post office and pick up any mail you may have.
- Even if you have notified all services that you are moving, you should leave a note with your new address in case of stray mail.
- Notify the local police if your home will be uninhabited for a long period of time.
- Enjoy your new home! This is the first thing that you have to do after the moving process is finished. You did it and now you can relax and enjoy this new experience.
- Start the unpacking process according to the plan that you created. With the list that you designed, it will be easy for you find all the things that you want to unpack.
- Explore your new neighborhood! Find out where everything is, take a walk with you family and it will soon feel like home.
- The unpacking process doesn’t have to be stressful. Try to enjoy everything that you are doing in your new place and do things that will help you to make your new house a home, like hanging the pictures and other things that make you happy.
AFTER YOU MOVE